Living In My Jeep: Days 5-7

It’s been a week since I started living in my Jeep, again. Yay!

I haven’t been up to date the last few days because of various internal emotions I still felt I really needed to deal with, but things are getting better now that I’ve headed more up north…

Days 5 and 6 were pretty intense for me. I experienced a lot of resistance those days.

During my delivery shifts both days, I accidentally sliced open my right index finger one day, and accidentally smashed my entire right hand while trying to close the back gate of my Jeep the next day. I thought I broke my hand because I could hardly use it. I could barely pick up packages and I had to use my left hand to shift gears in my Jeep. Let’s just say those two things were just a small portion of what I dealt with those days.

I really thought that whatever was happening those two days were signs that I needed to give up on the Jeep life journey, even after I had made that post about not giving up. Funny how that happens. I blog about something and then right away I get tested on it. It really does happen a lot to me. It’s almost as if the Universe is like, “Ok, you wrote some pretty decent stuff, let’s see how you can hack it yourself. Put your money where your mouth is.”

Once I acknowledged the instant challenge that the Universe threw my way, I really knew giving up, despite of all the resistance I experienced, was not an option. If there’s something I really shouldn’t do and I should give up on, I will know. There will be a huge red flag and no matter how many reasons I come up with to keep going, I’ll always sense one big “NO!” that trumps them all. But with this journey, there’s way more reasons to continue than to give up. I don’t get the red flag feeling.

So after I finished my delivery shift on day 6 in San Jose, I decided to take a break from grabbing delivery shifts for a while because my right hand felt broken. I went to visit some cool places I hadn’t yet been to in San Fransisco, like the Lands End Labyrinth, one of the vista points of the Golden Gate Bridge, and Alamo Park where the famous Full/Fuller House scene was taken. However all three places caused me to have anxiety.

I saw all sorts of graffiti on the trees around Lands End Labyrinth and I didn’t sense any friendliness about the people in the area. The vista point was packed and people weren’t friendly there either and there were too many people at Alamo park. I became overwhelmed with anxiety and I just didn’t know how to shake off that feeling.

As I sat at Alamo Park, I realized that since I’m extremely sensitive to people’s energy more now than I ever was, I need to be away from busy areas as much as possible and go somewhere to ground myself so I can feel my own energy again. Because if I don’t, things will not get any better for me. But where could I go? It was getting dark outside and I needed to find somewhere, and somewhere fast.

Mt. Shasta, an archaic volcano.

It’s 5 hours north of San Fransisco but I just felt I needed to go there because I read about the massive amounts of energy it contains, although it’s a dormant volcano. But not only that, the one time I passed by it on my drive to Canada a year ago, I felt something awesome about that area that I couldn’t explain. So this gave me the motivation to drive up and so I left San Fransisco on the evening of day 6.

The thoughts of my clutch, money and all these things I needed to be aware of came up, but I decided it was a chance I was willing to take, especially since I felt the Universe gave me the green light to go. There were no red flags.

So here I am 5 hours north, blogging from a Starbucks in Weed, California, 8 miles north of Mt. Shasta. Nice name for a town right?

On my way up here, I stayed in Fairfield, California because that is the last area where my gym is along the way, which means the last place I can shower at before I get to Mt. Shasta. So I showered yesterday morning and headed up.

The moment I arrived in the town of Mt. Shasta, I felt better. The views are awesome and the people are super nice! I decided to head towards Mt. Shasta to see where I could go. I hiked on the trail and met a girl name Bri.

Bri arrived that day also. I saw her walking alone without any gear so I figured she knows the trails pretty well. So I asked her and she said it was her first time visiting Mt. Shasta. She usually brings gear with her but she felt she didn’t need it. We talked for a bit and found out how much in common we have. She also drives and camps out in her Jeep Wrangler, she has also met her twin flame a year ago and she is also uncertain of where she wants to be in life. I thought, wow, this is awesome!

We ended up hiking up Mt. Shasta until the snow got too deep, and decided to head back. We parted ways on the hike back to our Jeeps because out of nowhere, her twin flame calls her and she said that never happens. I thought maybe that was my cue to head back alone, so I left her be and headed back to my Jeep.

Bri came by my Jeep and we gave each other a hug and then she left for Oregon to visit her friends. We didn’t exchange contact information. Weird, right? But for some reason I felt we didn’t need to because if we are meant to cross paths again, we will. I thought about this with the 88 year old man I met on Day 2. If you are meant to cross paths with certain people again, it will happen.

I camped over night at the base of Mt. Shasta, where you begin the hike. The area is about 7,000 ft above sea level and the top of Mt. Shasta is a little over 14,000 ft. Sleeping in my Jeep wasn’t as cold as I thought it would be, considering how high we were.

I plan to camp out at the base of Mt. Shasta for the next few days, as the full moon is right around the corner and I need all the energy I can get before heading back to San Jose, if I even decide to go back. The only reason I’m going back, is to work. I really don’t enjoy it, to be honest, because I feel I have way more potential in life to do something inspirational for other people, than to just deliver packages but it’s money that contributes towards the journey I’m on. But who knows, the energy of Mt. Shasta may influence me to travel elsewhere. We’ll see what happens.

So, again, if you would like to contribute towards my journey of Jeep living travels, please check out my other blogs, and affiliates page. Cheers!

img_2064Photo: Ringo, at the base of Mt. Shasta (Mt. Shasta is behind me)

img_2063Photo: The base of Mt. Shasta (7,000 ft)

Photo: About a little over a mile into the hike up towards Mt. Shasta

img_2080Photo: The point where Bri and I stopped and turned back because of the depth of the snow. I believe this area is called Horse Camp at 7,800 ft. Even thought the top of Mt. Shasta looks really close, it’s rather quite far to the top.

Daily Prompt: Archaic


4 thoughts on “Living In My Jeep: Days 5-7

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.